Cat†Fishing for Christ was born as a result of my being diagnosed with cancer in January 2013. Fortunately, my cancer was diagnosed early and removed before invading the lymph nodes in my neck. In the weeks following my surgery, I began to realize not only how truly blessed I was, but I also became keenly aware that there are so many others who are not as fortunate in their battles with chronic illnesses. This is when the idea for Catfishing for Christ began.
Cat†Fishing for Christ Participants will be provided with:
- A fun, refreshing day (minimum 6 hours) of fishing in the great outdoors with Brian Barton Outdoors for participant and one guest. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Cat†Fishing for Christ tee shirts for both participant and one guest
- Lunch, snacks, drinks
- Plaque from corporate sponsor
- Trip date will be scheduled 6-8 weeks in advance
Participants must be at least 12 years of age. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Full name and photo of prospective participant
- Age of prospective participant
- Medical history of prospective participant: please describe diagnosis, current condition, and probable outcome
- Full name of person completing this application (if not the prospective participant)
- Phone numbers and email addresses for prospective participant and/or person completing application
- Please provide a written statement of fewer than 750 words explaining how you or someone you know could benefit from a day of fishing
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability Agreement and will be required to provide a letter from his or her primary care physician stating the participant’s current medical condition and ability to participate in the program.